Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Heeelllllooooo in there.....

Just like Charlie Brown looking for Christmas cards and there aren't any... I'm shouting out to all the people reading this post -- and there aren't many...


This is me and I'm a scientist's widow, hence the name of the blog.  Two things that you need to know about me (there will be other things later)...

  • I'm not officially a widow -- my husband is still here and kicking.  But his science work tends to keep him away from home a lot longer than most normal people's careers would.  On most nights and if I'm lucky, I see him for a total of 2 hours (but it is not unusual for him to come home after we have went to bed).  We also have a 13-month-old daughter, two dogs, and three cats.  So for most nights, I'm a (sometimes) strong, independent woman who acts as a single mom and furry caretaker.
  • I come from a large Midwestern family (hence the cow calendar behind me).  He comes from a small East Coast-ian family.  And we are currently living over 600 miles away from my family in a city located on a Great Lake.  So we don't have any family support here.  Most often times, I need to utilize every ounce of energy to make this work (and sometimes it doesn't work).
This blog is a place to share my sometimes-funny, sometimes-crazy but always real stories about life as a scientist's widow.

No comments:

Post a Comment