Friday, August 2, 2013

BumpDate: 14 weeks


So, here we are... 14 weeks, officially entering into the second trimester.  We announced earlier this week, once I had notified my parents this past weekend, my brother's family and my best friend/honorary sister.  Then the photo from the previous post was posted to FaceBook.  I got three calls from my family within 10 minutes of each other.  So I had proceeded to shock those who had no idea.

That's the nice thing about living far away from family.  You can hide your stomach as much as you need while video-chatting or only posting photos of yourself where you don't look pregnant.  But that's probably the only nice thing.  I have one person left to notify before the entire cat is out of the bag -- the doctor that I work with.  I have plans on notifying him this afternoon.  If anyone hears a huge explosion at some point this afternoon, it's his head 'sploding from his mind being blown by having his only two coordinators being pregnant at the same time.  Honestly, I don't know how he doesn't know.  This stomach isn't in hiding -- if he seriously doesn't know, he must think that I'm a fat cow.

Being that I've entered into the second trimester, I'm waiting for my first trimester symptoms to go away.  I'm over the nauseous, like seriously OVER IT.  I want to enter into the trimester where I don't just want toast for dinner or don't even want to cook dinner for The Lady because I can't stand the thought of having to eat whatever it is that I'm making for her.

Over the weekend, we also found out that it's a boy.  The Scientist is, of course, over the moon.  I am still trying to pinch myself in hopes of waking up from a bad dream.  I didn't want a boy, but I didn't think I would be this disappointed about hearing the news that it was a boy.  I had just dreams about two girls, sisters, and all the great things that we would do together.  But as is the saying of my life... "You can't always get what you want -- but if you try sometimes, you just might find that you get what you need."  I have no doubt that once I meet little "Fish & Chips" that I'm going to love him over and over and over.  I think that most of my disappointment right now is grieving the other daughter that I'll never have.

I also found out yesterday that I am CMV negative.  What is that, you ask?  It's a herpes virus and with The Scientist being a Scientist, he knows viruses -- and it's a terrible virus if you catch it while pregnant as it can cause some major birth defects in the unborn.  Apparently, because I have a hot zone of a CMV contractor in The Lady (who is the perfect age to acquire it at daycare), I am no longer allowed to kiss her (save on her head or forehead), I can't wipe her boogers with my finger (which I absolutely LOVE doing), I can't share utensils or drinking cups with her, and I have to thoroughly wash my hands after each dirty diaper (which I've been doing -- most of the times anyways).  The thing that broke my heart yesterday was the fact that I couldn't kiss her on her cheeks or lips anymore (at least until Fish & Chips arrives).  I cried quite a while over that.  Crazy hormonal pregnant lady...

Speaking of ladies, she likes to take self portraits on my phone -- although she doesn't realize that she is actually taking her photo.  I totally "heart" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment