Thursday, May 8, 2014

Postpartum Bumpdate: 13 weeks



Yes, it's still called a "bump"date, because apparently, I still look pregnant.  I was asked at a Kentucky Derby party last weekend if I was expecting (more on that later).  So here we are...  Lookin' eerily similar to 7 weeks ago.  Ugh.  Just ugh.

  • I'm happy to report that I have lost weight.  I am down down 34 pounds of the 47 that I gained with Fish.  But that means that I still have 13 pounds left to go.
  • I am also happy to report that I was able to get into my biggest pair of jeans.  But they still aren't for daylight wear (meaning they won't see the light of day yet).  They were smackass tight, like 70s-style lay-down-on-the-bed-to-zip-up (although I didn't have to lay down to zip them) tight and if I bent my torso the slightest degree, the big Mom muffin top popped out over the waistband.  The Scientist (God bless his little soul) said that they looked great and he couldn't understand why I was changing out of them that morning.
  • As mentioned, I went to a Kentucky Derby party this past weekend -- with Derby attire required.  That meant that I had to scour through my dresses to find some that was suitable and large enough.  I found a red jersey one that stretched and put on control top pantyhose -- but still felt like a 10 pound sausage in a 5 pound casing.  I had made that exact comment to my friend (the hostess) and someone asked me how far along I was.  Yikes.
  • Unfortunately, I don't get much longer to hide my skin.  The weather is starting to get gorgeous and with that means less clothes.  I'm excited to gain a little bit of a tan (I am Patty Pasty right now).  And a photo was taken at the above mentioned Derby party and sent out to everyone -- you could spot me from across the room from the glare of my ghostly white skin.  I always amazes me how much my skin looses its pigmentation during the winter months.  But its time to bust out the self-tanners to give myself a little glow before I can get the natural stuff working. 
  • In the exercise front, I went walking/running on Monday morning.  I was scheduled for another run on Wednesday morning, but it was raining.  Maybe I'll try to bust a move this evening (or just make up the run over the weekend.
  • Also, I have given myself a goal of two weeks to get my hair done, my initial pedicure completed and to begin the bronzing process.  A rejuvenation of sorts!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment