Monday, July 29, 2013

Bumpdate Alert! 13 weeks edition

Edit: Written on last Thursday

I have officially entered into my second trimester.  Wahoo!


We won't be officially spilling the beans until next week when I receive the results to my fetal genetics testing.  At that point, we will be able to release the sex of the baby along with the announcement.  Even before I got pregnant, I knew how I wanted to announce this pregnancy.  With The Lady, we didn't really announce.  The Scientist was still pretty anxious about being a new dad and the news kind of dripped out rather than releasing the floodgates (which this one will be).  With this one (hopefully) being my last one, I wanted to do it big(ger) than we did with the first.

I still feel quite icky.  In trying to reflect when I was over my morning sickness with The Lady, I want to say that it continued until about 14 weeks.  So I'm hopeful that within the next two weeks, the ickiness will fade and normalcy will return (I have forgotten what it feels like to not feel icky and tired, though I don't think the tired feelings will be going anywhere).

I have spread the news a little at work.  My co-worker who will be leaving at any moment for maternity leave was told yesterday.  She had the balls to tell me that I am showing way too early for 13 weeks, that my bump was too big for 13 weeks.  Without being crass, she is a big girl and no one could really tell she was pregnant until she was 8 months along -- so I really don't think that she should be throwing any "your-bump-is-too-big" stones my way.  I honestly don't know why she said it -- you would think that she (the pregnant lady of all people) would know better than to say "boy, you look big!"

I have yet to tell the PI (principal investigator) that I work for.  He is not my supervisor (I told her a couple of weeks ago to inquire about coverage of an upcoming OB appointment) and he is a real douche-nozzle.  So I'm waiting for one of the days where I am really despising his attitude towards me to drop the bomb on him.  My co-worker said that when she told him of her pregnancy, he didn't even congratulate her!  But he is a post for another day.

Fingers are crossed that my first trimester symptoms will go away this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment