Tuesday, July 15, 2014

And the countdown begins!!!!!!!!

13 weeks...

Instead of posting a current photo, I'm going to post some throw-back photos as inspiration.

Alright, so here is it...  Written in black and white...  (Okay enough to the ellipses... Ha -- for the final set!)

My weight as of this morning was 152.4 and my waist measurement was 29.5.  I am setting my goal weight as 133 (so just shy of 20 pounds, although the weight isn't as important as my measurements).  And my goal waist line is 27, which is 2.5 inches.  That doesn't appear to the naked eye to be that much, but most of my weight is on my lower tummy, hips and ass which have nothing to do with my waist line.  So there it is...  20 pounds and 2.5 inches. And while I can post the numbers, I just can't post a photo right now.  I took one and next week, if I'm feeling frisky, I'll post a side-by-side.  But the photo is just putting me over the top right now.



Right before I got pregnant with Finn, I was weighing in at 138 and at her one-year birthday, I hit 133, my lowest recorded adult weight (I have hovered around 127 eons ago, but that was also in my early twenties while in college and all I eat was raisin bran and ran four miles every day).  Before babies, my waist line was usually around 26 inches.  So I don't think that 133 pounds & 27 inches are unattainable.

I'm going to start out slow.  This first week, I'm simply going to watch what I eat and cut out a good chunk of my sugar.  I haven't really sat down and figure out what will work for exercise in my current life style.  By simply cutting sugar and making healthier food choices, I give myself an extra week.  I'm also breastfeeding my little guy.  He has an insatiable appetite and my gut feeling is that I'm not dropping baby-weight anymore because of my food choices.  By simply breastfeeding Finn over the course of a year, I was able to hit 133.  I didn't stop eating junk food or sugar.  I didn't exercise a lick.  I just breastfed her and she didn't eat near as much as my big dude does.  I just want to hit my goal a little faster, so I have to do some extra work.

While I am going to be cutting back on sugar and making healthier choices, I will let you know that I am not cutting out beer or wine.  I will still be having my daily.  I don't over drink -- in fact, I've only had a handful of two drink evenings since probably last year May.  I usually have a single drink; either while preparing dinner or with my meal.  It's my desert and my end-of-the-day relaxer -- it's NOT going anywhere.

I've already made ONE tough sugar decision today and chose fresh-out-of-the-garden peas over some processed sugar snack.  Thanks to my brother for being such a gentleman-farmer and giving me almost two gallons of fresh pod peas.  I don't wish to be the scientist in a day or two when I'm going through sugar withdrawal.  (Yes, it is a real thing and yes, I've done it before.)  Hopefully he will still be alive next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment